Water gave us life, oil helped us move forward, and many other liquids even saved people’s lives. But what liquid costs the most in the world? Let’s start with the tenth most expensive.
10. A liter of human blood costs about 333 euros. This price is because there aren’t enough reserves and it costs a lot to get.
9. Mercury costs about 720 euros a liter. The price is high because it is hard to find or get this one metal that stays liquid at room temperature.
8. Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB): about 2,300 euros per liter. This substance, which is also called “liquid ecstasy,” was first used to treat pain. Now, it has a bad reputation for being abused as a drug.
7. A liter of black printer ink costs about 2,400 euros. Manufacturers of printers say that the price is fair because they have to pay a lot for research and development. Since they often sell printers at a loss, they make money by selling ink.
6. Insulin: about 2,700 euros per liter. Diabetes patients need this life-saving substance, but it is very hard to get.
5. Perfume “Chanel No. 5”: about 5,800 euros per liter. This is probably the most well-known scent in the world.
4. One liter of horseshoe crab blood costs about 13,000 euros. This living fossil’s blue blood has a protein molecule that acts as its own primitive immune system and makes the blood clot when it comes in contact with bacteria.
3. Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD): about 27,000 euros per liter. One of the most powerful drugs that make people feel like they are in a dream. A million people can go on a “journey” with just one liter.
2. King cobra venom: about 33,000 euros per liter. This neurotoxic poison is used to treat Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and schizophrenia because it helps nerve cells in the brain grow back. This is one of its unique qualities.
1. Scorpion venom is the most expensive liquid about 8.4 million euros per liter. The protein in this one-of-a-kind substance is used to fight multiple sclerosis, among other things. It has also been found that eating it can stop cancer cells from growing.
What Germany says:
COVID-19 at Mamming Cannery—75 new cases, Germany
This year, Germany won’t have the Frankfurt Marathon.
Deutsche Bahn Against Mandatory Train Reservations
Germany: Zalando’s sales go up by almost 30% to 2 billion euros.